Is your New Year’s Resolution to Volunteer? Join Us at Forgotten Felines and Fidos, Inc.
email@example.com or (610) 248-4592
Did you know that volunteering is good for you?
- You can meet new people
- Elevate your mood
- Reduce your stress level
- Gain experience
- Stay active
- Try something new
- But most importantly you will help our cats and kittens.
Forgotten Felines & Fidos is completely run by wonderful volunteers who have unselfishly given their time, energy, love, and skill to thousands of animals .
The reward? Contributing to placing pets into forever homes where they are kept safe, healthy, and most of all – loved.
Volunteers are always welcome and appreciated – and every little bit does help. Training and support will be provided by current volunteers .
Get involved by joining our team!
We have a variety of teams that need people with skills to share
AT THE SHELTER
Shelter Maintenance Team-help with the following
- Shelter improvements and repairs
- Assist at adoption days
- Prepare and print adoption flyers
- Take photos of cats
- Adoption support-checking vet references,contacting families after adoptions
Veterinary Services Assistant
- Assist with check in and check out for Spay/Neuter clinic
- Assist on Spay/Neuter clinic days
- Assist with paperwork at Spay/Neuter clinic
- Assist at Pet Vaccination Clinics with paperwork, etc.
Cat Care Team
- Give cats love and attention-socialization
- Cleaning crew for cat condos*
- Attend to laundry
- Assist in organizing and maintaing supplies
- General administrative tasks-filing, logging phone calls,record keeping tasks, etc.
IN THE COMMUNITY
Foster Care Provider
- Become a Foster homes
- Bottle feed kittens
- Attend adoption events with kittens
- Organize events
- Assist at events
- Explore new ideas for new fundraisers
- Generate press releases and flyers for distribution
- Distribute newsletters and flyers
- Explore new outlets for flyers and newsletters
- Connect to new media outlets for shelter events
- Maintain online presence (website, Facebook, twitter, Google +, etc.)
- Photography-take photos to be used for promotion-cats, volunteers in action, event photos
- email volunteers, etc concerning event success and results ( fundraiser, adoption days, etc)
- Keep supporters up to date on events, etc. through newsletters, blog posts
*Cleaning Crew for Cat Condos-The shelter house and barn are home to about 150 felines on any given day, so the need to clean is endless. Any time that you can donate to help clean food bowls, wash linen, clean litter boxes…etc, is VERY appreciated. The bulk of the work is done daily(including weekends and holidays) by just a few volunteers who would always appreciate the help and the break.
Volunteers are always welcome and appreciated!