*Support and tasks marked with * can be done from the comfort of your own home!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Forgotten Felines and Fidos, Inc. Below are descriptions of the tasks included in each area of interest on the Volunteer Application.
Cat Care Shelter Cleaning (mornings only):
- Shelter cleaning between 8 a.m. and ends before noon daily
- Scooping litter boxes, freshening up linens in the cat rooms, sweeping / vacuuming, mopping, providing fresh water, dishes, laundry, etc.
- Socialize and spend quality time with the cats after shelter cleaning
Surgery Intakes and Discharge Support (evenings only 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. approximately):
- Detail oriented people to help with Intake and Discharge tasks which include –
- Intakes: Monday and/or Wednseday evenings: Weigh & fleacomb house cats, put in surgery cage, paperwork (including rabies certificates, etc.). Must be 18 yrs of age to weigh cats.
- Discharge: Tuesday and/or Thursdays evenings: Make & answer phone calls, paperwork, discharge cats to owners, clean surgery room,, etc.
- Become a foster parent by providing a home to a kitten or cat from our shelter
- Especially needed during Spring time which is kitten season
- Needed for younger cats to help them socialize to be ready for adoption
- Provide bottle feeding for kittens in your home
- Attend adoption events with your kittens / cats
*Volunteer Schedule Coordinator:
- Review & contact new volunteer applicants
- Coordinate a schedule for new and existing volunteers to ensure daily cleaning coverage
- Arrange with lead volunteers initial training for new volunteers
- Complete/assist in fulfilling the necessary requirements to formally seek funding
- Write proposals to apply for grants allocated by government departments, companies, foundations, & trusts
- Research online potential grant opportunities
- Assist in inventory management, organizing and maintaining supplies
- Perform general administrative tasks: filing, logging phone calls, record keeping tasks, etc.
- Support with computer skills, photocopying, scanning, organizing for fundraising, events, etc.
- *Organize and / or attend events
- Collect donations for fundraisers
- Bake or create crafts for fundraising events
- *Generate new fundraising ideas
*Marketing & Communication:
- Communicate fundraisers, shelter events, adoption days, etc.
- Keep supporters up to date on events through newsletters and emails
- Generate press releases and flyers for distribution
- Distribute newsletter and flyers and discover new outlets for each
- Connect to new media outlets for shelter events
- Maintain an online presence via social media, website, etc.
- Support creative side of promotional literature, advertising, artwork, developing materials for our shelter
- Take photos to be used for promotion – shelter cats, volunteers in action, and fundraising events.
- Facilitate the adoption of cats by working closely with the shelter manager & veterinary team.
- Must have a love for and understanding of cats and empathy for those that are sick or injured and abandoned.
- Assist in processing incoming adoption applications
- *Conduct / arrange pre-adoption screening
- Assist at adoption days at the shelter (usually weekends)
- Take photos of cats to be used in promoting adoption
- Create and print adoption flyers (printing can be done at the shelter)
- *General adoption support: checking vet references, contacting families after adoption, follow-up phone calls or emails, etc.
- Help treat the injured and ill cats in our shelter
- Daily tasks include feeding animals, helping to clean kennels, and monitoring animals’ general well-being
- Assist with check-in and check-out for Spay/Neuter clinic (Monday or Wednesday evenings)